Tuesday 28 June 2016

Ring of bright bubbles

I should probably give thanks I don't eat out more. I was making such a meal of trying to use a knife and fork yesterday I decided to spare the appetites of those around me and take the rest of my food back to my cabin...only if you're not good with  cutlery you probably not very talented with trays either, or stairs unless you have at least part of your body on the wall beside them, or pressing buttons in lifts with no fingers free... I give thanks that trays slide well on carpets pushed by feet however, and there was no one around to see me find this out...and that when I finally got round to round two of eating I was too tired to care and could have a nap instead... I give thanks for a travel kettle and cookies!

Today I've been grateful for opportunities to remain patient and reasonably good humoured despite feeling unreasonably in pain and fatigued. Why do I put myself through it, you might ask. Well, I'm out of points for brownies to help me, and at any point ill health could put a stop to it for good, but apart these and the reasons I gave yesterday, there's the immeasurable magic you might come across if you just keep carrying on...

I give thanks for moving towards a  cloud bank yesterday evening just in time to stop me turning into a crustacean while watching for cetaceans. I give thanks for spotting a few far between dolphins, but the waiting was wonderful anyway as, though I've seen a lot of salty water in my time, the sea was the most beautiful I ever remember.  Impossible to describe the shifting changing shades and textures of blue, and appearing and disappearing sparkles of light without it sounding nothing out of the ordinary...but it was as extraordinary as if computer or chemical enhanced. And in amongst the glory I watched a line of rings of bubbles appear close by and thought...'What is this? I should know what this is...' and then the top of a whale's head popped up to blow a spout and remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics