Friday 28 September 2012

Patterns

I give thanks for moonlight on the sea, for the privilege of a window from which it can be seen and a fresh joy each time I do.

For seeing in the final programme of Dead Good Job the respect, goodwill and tenderness shown to those who have died without having or perhaps being a loved one. There has been something for everyone to learn from in this brilliant series and in this 'different' themed episode this was what was new to me. And remember I was pleased to see the blending of cultural funeral practices the other day? Well today I had a similar sense of rightness in listening to the 'reluctant lama' talking about his spirituality. 'So you want to pick the best from East and West?' asked the interviewer? Too damn right, mixing his trance drumming with his Tibetan chants...he knows which way to go...

I give thanks for a text from Jenny when I got in yesterday evening offering to come over today. At first I was disappointed as I knew I'd be ready for a long lie in, but having to get up was good as I could do some light 
chores while she did the heavier ones this morning and then after have an afternoon nap to keep the place clean! I give thanks for the pleasure of talking with her too, likewise with Rachel yesterday, and for the temporary boost of  my treatment.

I'm grateful too for a session with the crochet hook. I think the bit of the thing I'm working in at present will turn out OK... I don't like to give thanks for anticipation too often as it's a free pass to disappointment land but it's been fun playing with the pattern today anyway. 

I give thanks that my supper is waiting, and bath and bed not very far behind me thinks...

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for that lovely piece!!and peace : )i seem not to be able to do lovely words at the moment ,but am sure it will come back as time and all that ........oh for a window like that !!hey but ive got the aeroplanes ,sunsets and robin in the garden ummm not the aeroplanes n sunsets in garden tho!!!!!!ooh i,m rambling now , .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann! We can't all have everything outside our windows or we'd never get the housework done! Robins are such a cheery sight and sound aren't they? That's why I have Bob that name!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics