Sunday 16 September 2012

Pet likes

I bet you've all experienced a pet hate today...something that irritates you over and over again...betcha! To new readers I must make it clear I've not yet reached even the foothills of the exalted state when gnashing your teeth and tearing your hair are superfluous...I just choose to pay less attention to the things that make me go 'Grrrrrrr!' and focus more on those that make me go 'Aaaahhh!' or even 'Oooohh!'

There are things I regularly turn to to encourage the production of happy sounds inside...and today I celebrate those 'pet loves'...

First of all for the quips of the Come Dine with Me narrator. I'm learning to think well of the world around me but I still struggle with less than charitable thoughts about the people in it, so it's a great release to be able to chuckle along with someone else having a dig!

...which leads me to another couple...lolling and lolling ie. laughing out loud and lounging around. I do miss having more energy of course, getting out and about and doing the things I love but being able to rest at least some of the time I feel I need to is very welcome. And laughing aloud is extremely good for you physically and mentally. I chuckle to myself about many things and love to share a laugh with those who share my sense of humour (yes, there are a few!) but a good standby for a real guffaw is damnyouautocorrect.com and its various sections.

I love being read to too. In the absence of anyone to actually read to me, there are radio plays and Book of the Week and so on.

Many sights and sounds of nature stir me and uplift me, from the ones I can experience whilst indoors - birdsong, moonlight on water, the changing seasons and colours in the sky, to the images TV, internet and films bring from far away to my right before my eyes so that I don't feel quite so housebound when I am. And, of course, to be outdoors especially in the countryside is a tremendous treat...

And then there are my favourite flavours and foods...garlic and chocolate high on the list, of course. I consider myself very lucky to able to indulge myself with most of these mostly whenever I like!

And favourite smells...carnations, sea air, freshly ironed cotton and Nag Champa to name a few... and favourite tunes... and designing things and making things...and learning things... and thinking about things I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics