Tuesday 18 September 2012

I had a dream

Yesterday was one of those strange, apparently random days when I feel almost normal for a few hours...well, a pale shadow of the 'old' normal me, but far nearer than I normally feel if you see what I mean! I walked about the town a bit to attend to some Matters with a Capital M, plus did ironing and other household tasks at home AND some knitting and crochet all with no more that the occasional sharp intake of breath where pain's concerned and no need for more resting than frequent but brief sitting down. Much gratitude for all of that, and also that after tea, when I ran out of steam and needed to do nothing, I could catch up with the first episode of QIXL. Very funny and informative and actually quite interesting. I'd've scored a few points as well, I do seem to know some rather obscure things, and have oddly precognitive dreams like Victoria Coren!

This morning I gave thanks for a bizarre but very acceptable breakfast of leftover strawberry crumble with coconut yoghurt. The yoghurt because Tesco had run out of my favourite plain Yeo Valley Greek, and I'd made the crumble out of some tired strawberries and out of date ground almonds to cheer my tummy and taste buds up after an unfortunate incident with a microwaveable ready meal. Why do I sometimes forget everything I've learned in life so far and assume one of these might be edible? There are cans and toast and cheese and eggs if you don't feel like proper cooking... Actually I know the reason. It's because they are on special offer! Oh well, I give thanks for optimism!

Optimism also fuelled my dream to get to the little local pool to swim a few strokes before it closes for the season. It's heated and outdoors with a little park area around it and if the big gates are open, as it's not quite at the bottom of the hill, you can see the sea. Well I got as far as packing a bag of necessaries before extreme exhaustion returned...this does mean however, that if at any time during its opening hours over the next twelve days I feel I could achieve this ambition this bag is all ready to grab and go, so positive progress. And maybe, maybe if I get lots of rest today...who knows? But rest is what I need so I'm grateful for that...

I give thanks for this cool site I found today after seeing some links from the Facebook version. There are pictures of all kinds of amazing things art, architecture, places, creatures, technology, recycling...oh go and look for yourselves! https://plus.google.com/117795701383257554288/posts

3 comments:

  1. I have this facebook version in my 'likes' section, i've got another called 'amazing things in the world' which is quite good too,

    Hope you manage to get to your pool before it's too late, and I know what you mean about micro meals!! although I do tend to have them in my freezer for when i'm feeling lazy......not the best though are they? haha

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one I actually do find acceptable Angel, it's in the finest range, is not frozen, but does freeze. Italian Mushroom Risotto. Cannot remember if it then cooks from frozen, or you have to remember to take it out for defrosting. Will check and let you know, only thing Angel you might not approve of, the rice is white as against brown, and I don't think its wild either! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might give that one a try Pat as I can see it's designed to be oven cooked OR microwaved. It's the ones that are just for the microwave that I find dire. I think the idea is they make them bad as if you hardly ever use them you'll probably blame the microwave cooking anyway, and if you're a regular consumer you won't know the difference!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics