Sunday 9 September 2012

Low impact

I'm grateful the day stayed hazy so I could stay lazy yesterday without the feeling I was missing out. I love seeing the boat shapes on the milky sea when it's like that, a series of pastel scenes unfolding beyond my bedroom window, like a moving gallery.

I was grateful the party next door stopped at midnight and for a peaceful start to the day, revelling in my solitude, having a big think and a long meditate. I have a long way to go on my compassion journey and am often more exasperated by others' ways than I would prefer to be, failing to be grateful for the opportunity to learn more tolerance, more patience, more mindfulness of their perceived needs and attachments.

Of course, all the above qualities have always been required, but nowadays as well as those we really do appear to know, and colleagues and neighbours - people we actually see and hear, there are those we mostly or only communicate with virtually. These relationships must rely on shared perceptions of the meanings of pixcel formations to build a bond (a shifting sand if ever there was one!) so I give thanks for the happy accidents that often keep crashing comprehension of completely different wavelengths away...

I'm grateful for a nice breakfast of veggies and egg and that I decided to put on clothes again that could really have done with a wash, as, after dropping a yoghurt that exploded on impact there's no question about cleanliness now! I'm grateful for seeing the lovely image on here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-19501885 of Mr and Mrs Windsor and their eldest son having fun in an audience together. What carefully planned activity caused such delight? A sack race we are told! Great stuff. Oh and I'm grateful for Positive News for thinking I was was positively newsworthy enough to appear in their paper. So many heart warming stories of great endeavour and/or international importance in there...and then there's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics