Saturday 22 September 2012

Purple roses

Yesterday I gave thanks that I managed to fix some sort of media file corruption on my laptop and can now put new music on my mp3 player again. For a pale bright circle of sun within a sky of grey white cloud...and eventually breaking through to blue for a very enjoyable afternoon with Laura on the other side of the river. Lots of towns have a river running through them but ours is wide enough to have a completely separate place! There's a completely different atmosphere, different architecture, scenery, facilities and so on so that it's possible to feel you've been away for a while when you're just across the water. Love it!





Oh, and they have different plants as well....look at these gorgeous purple roses. They smelt like parma violets!



There was a cluster of late duckings on the grass but I didn't want to get too close and scare them so I snapped this stone monster? caterpillar? instead.





Today I give thanks for headphones as none of my neighbours seem to have any! For the opportunity to take things easy and slow, and a slow cooker to make a veggie stew for supper. I give thanks for hearing that Carol's still hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics