Friday 7 September 2012

Coffee and cake on the beach



Spent a while back on Barricane Beach this morning... Last night Kat and I were just in front of where the lady in blue on the red mat is in this picture...



They don't only serve curry down there...and yes, they let you take the china on to the beach - it's very civilised! I give great thanks for having spent some time in such a splendid spot!





I give thanks for a such a great few days away. For visiting new places and creating new memories. For discovering an excellent treatment for aching joints is to soak them liberally in sun! For good weather and good health and a safe (and relatively swift) journey home again first on a meandering surfers' bus taking in the sweeping bays of North Devon via winding leafy lanes, and then on two trains, each connection comfortably made in the ten minute gaps between. Also for remembering to call to book a cab to collect me on the last leg so I could come straight home.

Huge gratitude for living in such a lovely locality. It's horrid sometimes having to leave somewhere beautiful, but coming along past the boats and birds in the estuary, and then right beside the sands and sea I always feel very fortunate. I always forget how nice my flat is too and walk around it in contented amazement at its welcome. As arranged, Laura finished the last bit of painting and papering in the bedroom while I was away so it was very pleasing to see that too. I'm grateful for the washing on, and the water heating up for a long lounge in the bath. For a laid back weekend ahead absorbing, assimilating...and some other word beginning with a that eludes me!

1 comment:

  1. My Goodness Angel, that's some sizeable slice of chocolate cake! The weather has been very good this week, you have had some sun on your skin, on a beach that looks sheltered and wonderfully unspoilt. Home safe and sound, and the sun is promised to continue your holiday mood, much gratitude for that. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics