Thursday 13 September 2012

In the bay

So, as a weather god, what do I see when I stop for a cuppa outdoors on a changeable day?





Clouds to the left of me......showers to the right.







Sunshine stuck in the middle with me though!








Yesterday was the first day I've done normal in town things here for over a week and I was struck once again by the particular friendliness and kindness I find. Staff in the various businesses are always ready to share a chuckle and a chat...in fact I've heard less funny stand up comedy routines than the banter in the fruit and veg shop! I'm particularly grateful to Chris the taxi driver and Caroline at the dry cleaners for making getting my duvets freshened up so much easier. Despite cabs both ways and only a short stroll along the sea front from doctor's to cafe and back, I was very tired again and fell fast asleep on my return. In fact I only managed partial consciousness for the rest of the evening...but I give much thanks for the peace and comfort to do this...and that I had achieved a few things I needed to first.

I give thanks half watching a programme including some beautiful Roman frescos I'd not seen before. The house of Livia ones of the stylised woodlands scene particularly took my fancy... So colourful yet delicate and restful.

Today, I'm feeling rather delicate and restful myself but I'll spare you the details. Unless you're usefully providing information to a practitioner, carer or fellow patient I don't see the point. Everything one can imagine one's body will try to physically reproduce so why would you want to put other people's bodies through what you're suffering? Why would you want to keep your own mind and body in that space more than is unavoidable?

I have acupuncture soon and I'm sure this will restore me somewhat...well, I hope so as then I'm off to the big city for one of my regular renal check ups! I'm grateful for completing the pre departure challenges and for the internet, which went off for a morning stroll, coming back so I can send this before I go. I'm likely to be bushed this evening and unable to tell you all my adventures and share my joys. So for now I give thanks for the sun on my face streaming through my window and drying the cardigan I'm planning to wear, hanging on the clothes rack in the bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics