Monday 17 September 2012

Lux

No sunset coloured clouds last night, anywhere in the sky, in fact there was a big bank of extra dark grey ones in the west...but leading into them right across the paler ones in the south was a pink streak of contrail. Strange and beautiful and resistant to my attempts to capture on camera...

I give thanks for the leaves beginning to turn on the trees I see from my window, and the autumnal sound of the crows.

For waking up in the night needing my window open wider and realising even with vision blurred by sleep and myopia that the stars were very bright. Went back for my specs to look again!I'm grateful Human Planet is being rerun on BBC4. Some of the footage is wondrous (waves from under the water this week for instance) and you can always fast forward through the carnage...

I give thanks that I'm out of bed and taking a break during what seems to me a very arduous round of personal and domestic cleaning chores. If I've energy to get outdoors later today as planned, anyone I meet will be grateful I've managed some of the former, and I'll be delighted I've completed some of latter when I return!

Writing the above paragraph reminded me of this sign by the side of a road rather favoured by camper van owners...



It might be me (it often is!) but it seems to suggest the boss can wash but not the staff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics