Thursday 27 September 2012

Like attracts like

I like...The dog doing the Dog on Midsomer Murders. This is a yoga reference, nothing to do with canine sex! It's a natural canine position, which is how come it got its name, but this one did it on request...

Good thinking coming in threes. The people from Green Fuse were somewhat taken with the name and idea of this blog. I guess I'm pretty used to it now and forget sometimes that it's an unusual thing to do, even that Losing the Will to Die is not an everyday expression. Jane said that in their training sessions for celebrants they'd met someone who had won a long battle with cancer and who makes a point with her husband of sharing something they are grateful for each day before their evening meal. She has a blog and a book called Being Sarah...Then in the evening I watched A Civil Arrangement, Alison Steadman's monologue in which she admires her daughter's fiance Janice's habit of thinking of three positive things each night before sleeping. Last week two people I know said they were thinking of trying the practice in some small way. Oh my, imagine if it wasn't unusual or remarkable at all but everyone's way of life...

Finding a heart decorated hook thingy in a sale yesterday, finding it was missing a bit and the shopkeeper giving it me for £2! Finding it fitted in my bag (just!). ..and that it would fit on the little bit of wall in the hall it was meant for. If I can now find someone to fit it for me I can hang my scarves on it. I wanted a tangible thing to remind me of the day as the day that it will result in I'll not be tangibly there for...

Clean skin after a warm bath, and bed with a book of Annie Proulx's stories. They're not all about kissing cowboys you know... She's been known to include a bit of what academics call 'magical realism'. I give thanks that I don't suffer from the need to differentiate...

I'd like it too if Juanita's operation today would go well...and that Carol could be well again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics