Saturday 15 September 2012

Dead good job

Anyone who is OK with facing up to the fact that they, and those they know, will die one day...there's an excellent new series started on BBC2/HD about funerals and funeral directors. Dead Good Job is what it's called and in the first episode they included a biker send off and a terminally ill woman arranging her own to save others the trouble, so extra brownie points and sew on badges from me! I've wanted a green burial since I first heard such things in the 1990s and always liked the idea of the 'mourners' standing round solemnly listening to something slow and seemly on a ghetto blaster by the grave...and then someone reaching over and flicking a switch and something requiring wild punky dancing coming on instead. There are technical problems with this...I'm not sure could rustle up a plural of attendees or where they'd rustle up a ghetto blaster, but, as I love the drumming and lyrics so much (and will be in a wicker coffin!) the second tune really ought to be Basket Case. For a while now I've thought the first should be the most stately and senorious version of Pachelbel's Canon to be found...but I wasn't sure how they'd fit. The internet however informs me they have exactly the same chord progression, in fact there are several music clips available of people proving this...so it's the canon for the gig I guess (pun intended!)

It's important to me to be buried within sight of the sea. There's a beautiful churchyard just outside St Mary's in the Scillies, where Harold Wilson's grave is incidentally, which fits the bill, and this one on Morte point full of tombs with views, but methinks I'll not be in either of those.


Anyway, I'd better change the subject in consideration of any more squeamish amongst you. Today I give thanks for going out for some exercise...it was much cooler than I imagined and much busier along the sea wall than I could possibly have predicted so after catching my breath I came straight home again. Although not as pleasant an outing as I imagined it was (relatively) quite a vigorous walk whilst carrying a (relatively) heavy bag with book and so on so I've been snoozing most of the afternoon...mmm, thanks for that too! I give thanks for a Red Dwarf day on Dave...no wonder I'm tired after all that laughing! I'm grateful for managing a couple rows of crochet in between naps. I'm trying to finish that cot blanket for charity I started last year but it's painful to do more than a little at once. I also give thanks that, in instalments in between sleeping and crocheting and laughing I've some cauliflower cheese and that it's now warming in the oven. Oh and for finding out there will be a new series of Red Dwarf starting soon...yes a new one! I've seen some clips and it seems to still amuse...good job really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics