Friday 14 September 2012

Getting better

My busy day yesterday went well for which I give great thanks. I enjoyed my acupuncture and a pre prepared snack in a quiet nook on the sea front afterwards to try to come back to earth a little before setting off on the train. The city was showing its best side, the one that made me move there...the murals and mosaics and varied street musicians placed just the right distance apart so that you feel that you and being passed from one to another by means of your ears! My favourites, who got a small donation, were the finger picking amplified acoustic guitarist with didgeridoo accompaniment. A soothing and uplifting combination. Note to self: keep some change in an accessible place. I often want to drop a few bob in a hat but it's such a slow palaver extricating my purse and a coin or two (often dropping something or making some involuntary noise in pain) that I can gather a small crowd myself!

I give thanks that the outdoor tables at the cafe I was heading to were in shade...and they did takeaways so I didn't have to sit there...but didn't have any takeaway cups...so offered me a blanket to take onto the sun drenched grass of the cathedral green and then delivered my a china cup of cappuccino and a brownie on a plate to me there! I also give thanks that, although there was a mix up with the appointment and I wasn't expected, the consultant saw me anyway. I already knew that the various products and processes they measure were measuring up surprisingly well, but, because I'm used to having worse results than that, I needed some reassurance that they are indeed still pretty bad and she was not at all surprised that I feel so exhausted so much of the time. It may sound daft, but this was such a huge relief. In fact I came home, had some tea and went almost straight to bed confident that I'm officially not a wuss! I didn't sleep but it was so relaxing just to snuggle under the covers away from the demanding TV and internet. My neighbour upstairs came home and played some loud music which she hasn't done for a while but I was grateful that it was music she had never played before...a compilation of vintage Elvis. Apart from the volume it was actually quite pleasant!

Yesterday I gave thanks for the warm sunshine. Today I was a bit disappointed it wasn't quite as grey and damp as they suggested it might be as I stayed indoors exercising my right to be feeble most of the day. I was exceedingly thankful for that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics