Monday 10 September 2012

Jolly mixtures

Hmm, let me see, today I give thanks for...

...rain, rain, beautiful rain, giving me that take it easy feeling again...

...still being here four years after my diagnosis...

...Clive coming over to have fish and chips to make up for not having a gathering on the beach this year...

...all the people who have helped me, and all the ways I've helped myself including keeping this blog...

...the beautiful bodies of the paralympian athletes, and the victory parade participants being grouped by sport not which games they'd competed in...

...for the graduated heart shaped leaves on fresh tendrils of Virginia Creeper even as the full grown ones turn crimson. I don't have a photo of that but this one of almost over hydrangeas intertwined with not yet ripened blackberries in a footpath hedge above Coombsgate beach is in sympathetic spirit...


Wherever you are on your journey, whatever the speed at which you travel or the way you move along...celebrate yourselves and one another!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gabi, thanks for your lovely posts, as always. Four years and still going strong! I finally have a confirmed travel date, Sunday 23rd Sept to Sydney, op will be Tues or Thurs of that week. Looking forward to getting through this and getting well again. p.s. photos are a pleasure x Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this especially the last piece!that is so apt ,may all that are not too well have the strength to cope,and hopefully return to good health!!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics