Wednesday 26 September 2012

Underground overground


Did it rain today? Well yes, but not on me as I nipped in to organise my funeral just before the heavens opened! Cunning plan, huh? Not exactly a spur of the moment thing though...I'd written a will with my wishes some time ago, and have executors of course, but they've been incommunicado for a while and the only person I can rely on to sort things out in the way that matters to me, is me. I would love a complete 'do it yourself' funeral but I'm thinking there won't be much I'll capable of when the time actually comes, so I've been browsing funeral directors and directions for a while and with prices rising and energy levels on the wane, I thought it about time I removed the proverbial digit and went over to the place where the green hill is never very far away to set the wheels in motion.



Great thanks to Massimo and Jane for making this such a very pleasant experience...definitely worth two trains, two buses, two taxis and two tired legs to get there and back!

I give thanks for the relative ease of the journey and even more for even more ease on my return! For a few serendipitous purchases en route and glimpses of smile-making things such as bright rainbows against dark cloud, a crow washing vigorously in a rain filled tractor rut, apples on an enormous tree and purple magnolia buds unfurling. (I didn't realise they did that this time of year, but I've checked on the know all internet and they do.) Gratitude too for inspiring a woman in a cafe to say 'I'll have some of what she's having' without me shouting 'Yes!' and slapping the table at all and for much munchiness from the freezer for my tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics