Sunday 30 September 2012

East of Eden


Great gratitude to the Mules family for leaving their wonderful gardens to us common folk - a rambling park and dingly dell where palm trees grow next to holly, rhododendrons next to oak.








Overgrown with a post apocalyptic Eden air it's a splendid place to walk a dog...or yourself! 










I thought it looked different but it's many months since I've been there so maybe my memory is overgrown. I give thanks to my legs for carrying me, and then down to Eastcliff cafe to recuperate.  There was a beribboned vintage Rolls parked alongside and wondered if someone was having an alternative wedding breakfast but it was just the drivers taking a break, spruce in their tail coats taking care not to spill coffee or ketchup! A takeaway toastie and tea, with banter on the side and plenty of change from a few pound coins, excellent!

I give thanks for meeting the lovely gentleman from next door picking a sprig or two of rosemary overhanging the edge of one of the domestic gardens on my way down the hill...to make his Sunday lamb taste right, he said... I asked if he was out catching the lamb later! And for someone letting off some fireworks in the evening somewhere down towards the river that were visible from my window when I finally wrenched myself up off the sofa to look.  I've been mostly shipwrecked and comatose since my (slightly) vigorous outing but fresh out of mango juice, for which I give great thanks. Mango juice? Yuk!

I continue to struggle with the dippy formatting on here. Your patience is still appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Angel, never gone for Mango juice( and I'll take your tip and avoid), but Tesco's own orange & mango with bits (not from concentrate of course) is very yummy. And Jaffa have a new one, Clementine, quite a nice change from plain boring orange!
    Spent a couple of half days working in the garden front and back, which now means a visit to the tip.
    Glad you have some nice gardens for wondering in Angel, the communal gardens where you live and the sea close by, but doubly glad that your able on some days to enjoy them without too much immediate trauma, know only too well the "think I've overdunit" feeling. Nothing much round here without first heading out in the car, plenty of dog walking tracks with mud, brambles and watch where you walk. Do miss Christchurch, Boscombe, Bournemouth & of course the New Forest, but then Mt. Hawke has its big pluses, a heaven sent GP for one! Love and gentle hugs Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I read about your blog in "Positive News" and was very keen to log on. You are doing exactly what I am "trying" to do and have been trying to do for many years now. I was inspired by David Hamilton, Bruce Lipton, Candace Pert and many others.
    I was diagnosed with cancer initially 8 years (when I was 33) ago and am still dealing with it and have had a horrible year.

    I also have a blog which isn't really a blog but is channelled guidance from a group of spirits to my questions about cancer.Spiritual-light-on-cancer.blogspot.com, in case you are interested.
    I think you are FABULOUS!!!!!!
    much love, Fiona

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics