Thursday 6 September 2012

Curry and rice on the beach

Oh my, what amazing weather...I've excelled myself this time! As you know by now I love all kinds of climate but for a few days at the beach this is the biz! Had a go at going for a walk on a lovely brackeny footpath in the late morning yesterday but it was too much like hard work, I'm grateful for trying but was even more so to give up. In the afternoon I went to find a sunny nook on the big beach. I wanted to go the rocks way but it was too hard and had to give up that too and was heading off along the cliff and then I thought, Oh whatever, I'll go down on my bum if I have to and turned round and went back. There was a woman in front having some problems and her husband was offering his hand to help her I said to her not to feel embarrassed and then when they saw state of my descent he came back and helped me. Right at the end you had to jump and just at that moment another man arrived going up and they each took one of my hands so I could jump too! Much gratitude for that...

There was a bit of a breeze and most people had windbreaks or beach tents...funnily enough they were pointing in all different directions and I found a sheltered space between two 'backs' with my own back to the dunes so quite private and cosy and I just lay there in my cozzy reading my book for a few hours which I haven't done for years. Absolutely excellent!

Gratitude for seeing the lighthouse shining on Lundy last night. For having a little potter on Morte point today where there are some gentle gradient paths of soft flat grass, and stunning views creating the impression one is On A Walk with little actual expenditure of effort. For the rather lovely church, with carvings and mosaic and stained glass angels and the sea view cemetary...for the bus drivers making it so chummy for everyone. Best of all though, best of best of all...meeting up with dear Katya after 10 years too long and for Barricane Beach cafe for serving us a delicious curry as we sat and watched the waves to make it extra celebratory and cool.

1 comment:

  1. wow what a lovely day!!! thanks i can picture it all xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics