Monday 24 September 2012

Hair today

Today I give thanks that I was able to witness the storm snug and safe and warm, though the howling wind woke me up last night. Today it was sunny and mild though blowy. I love the wind, finding it exhilarating though I know it makes others anxious and antsy. It's also ideal weather for taking my hair for a walk. The soft globe of mobile fluff and curls is rather like a pet, only the very young or old seem to find it alarming (plus those who fret at any sign nature's not tamed and contained). Most people openly smile, or do a surreptitious double take...some actually want to pat it!

I give thanks for the acorn clutching squirrel sitting on a low wall by the side of the road, merely moving a few inches away to nibble it as I stopped to say hello. For braving the supermarket, finding a bagful of Monday bargains and that they were playing music I actually like by the Scissor Sisters and Alanis Morrisette. Also for Peacock's having a tiered print cotton dress in its end of season sale that was just asking to be made into a skirt being cheaper than the cost of the fabric would be and only requiring a waistband making at my chosen height.

Much gratitude for my quick and tasty supper last night of tortellini with veg, pine nuts and red pesto...also the lunch I brought home today of a giant choux bun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics