Monday 1 October 2012

It's academic

Shipwrecked and mango juice: you knew it was the lyrics to a theme tune, right? One of those things when writers put other people's things in their stuff... Yes, I know there's a proper academic name for the practice and give great thanks I've been there, done that and no longer need to bother with constipated phrases to balance out the citations and keep within wordcount limit! 

I give thanks for a pleasant nurse performing the regular monthly medical tasks...and even more that I no longer need maintenance procedures a minimum of once a week. I'm grateful I found a gap between carousing neighbours and inner alarm call to get some decent sleep, and another between pre departure preparations and setting out for Shiatsu stretches. Thanks too for the cake I had for elevenses, labelled as gluten free but clearly laden with most of a day's quota of calories - I missed breakfast am still quite unconcerned about lunch, though maybe some tea might be in order sometime! Greatest thanks ever for never (so far!) needing to 'watch' what I eat...I might gaze at it adoringly but that's not the same thing, is it? Which reminds me too, I'm grateful for yesterday's hasty tasty tea, a kind of cheat's pie with red onion, chutney, spinach and goat's cheese under a few sheets of filo. 

For a stretch of stretched out doziness when I got home from town, listening to the soft sigh of breeze in the leaves and, whilst my eyes were open, watching clouds hurrying across blue sky in ever increasing numbers...

For new readers... Welcome! May you find something here to make your day more smiley... 

And for 'old' ones... Here is the article on the website at last, only slightly tinkered with in the editing and mostly 'wot I wrote'
http://positivenews.org.uk/2012/wellbeing/8322/power-gratitude/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics