Friday 26 October 2012

Breaks

Between my appointments I went to see those churning waves yesterday. There were surfers and clumps of sea foam and the brisk wind making little breaks in the clouds for hazy sunshine to come through. It was so exhilarating and I wanted to take my takeaway tea and cake down onto the sand but the tide was nearly in. 
'Not a problem,' said the sea...'Stay up there and I'll come to you!'



Something I particularly enjoy is the way that the assorted, often solitary, souls who come to gaze with awe and admiration on their faces, turn to one another and share their wonder and delight. 'Isn’t it amazing they say? I love it when it's like this?’ And I love it when they do that. Of course strangers talk to each other round here fairly easily and regularly, but I'm always reminded of being in London during that hurricane that wasn't coming and, as we dodged the flying debris together, folk on the streets who would normally have kept their eyes and thoughts to themselves were making contact, saying ‘Watch out!’ and ‘Are you OK?’. Laughing together with relief if they were, and sharing the moment.

I give thanks for my acupuncture, and an especially relaxed sensation afterwards this time. Also for how lucky I was to find Rachel when I was first looking for someone to give me treatment, someone not only unfazed by my terminal phase, but also one of those rare individuals who see things in the same colour spectrum as I do, to whom I do not have to grapple with explanations as to what REALLY matters, what really matter IS for that matter, and is able to help me remember sometimes too! 

For 'especially relaxed' you could read 'totally bushed' or 'totally bone idle', so I am also giving thanks for all that cooking I did a couple of days ago...not only were there a choice of things in the fridge when I got home but there was hardly any washing up when I'd chosen...and there's something also ready for my tea today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics