Sunday 28 October 2012

One of those days

I gave up on the idea of going out yesterday...or perhaps I should say I changed my mind as that sounds less negative I think, don't you? I decided to make the best of things and had a happy half hour doing nothing but looking at the internet. I found these wonderful pictures...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/flickr-your-pictures-water-19102012.html

and read about a young man with Down's syndrome who has just become a parish councillor and a young boy with it who has become a catalogue model for some major clothing chains, which seemed to me to be steps in the right direction. Then I came across this and thought I was being unnecessarily feeble and ought to try getting dressed and ready to go out and see how I felt after that...
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/tisha-unarmed-s-inspiring-everyday-life--no-arms--no-problem.html

Getting dressed and ready to go out is quite challenging and tiring for me, and afterwards I was thinking I could do with someone making me a cuppa and maybe a bit to eat...and I decided Mr and Mrs Eastcliff were the folks for the job and so went out after all. My cunning plan worked ha ha!

It was one of those days when I turn the corner of the terrace and there's this great slab of seashine between the end of the road and the horizon and I cannot help but catch my breath, when the wind direction means the seafront is cosier than the town, when a paper cup of tea and a foil bag of tea cake seems like a banquet, when the height and time of the tide and formation of waves mean that the front ones hit the sea wall and then bump back into the ones behind making splashy sparkly plumes. For all of the above I give great thanks!

I'm grateful too to cheerful Adam in IT support for sorting out a simple problem without making me feel a numpty. And for a Come Dine with Me Down Under which included a gay embalmer who had some maracas containing his cremated grandparents remains, a prototype for a commercial commemorative idea he had. The same day I had a certificate of right to occupy a plot in the woodland burial ground I've chosen. They include a packet of wildflower seeds to be sprinkled on the spot. At least that's what it says on the packet...the rattling sound makes me somewhat uneasy now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics