Wednesday 10 October 2012

Autocorrect

Today I thought I'd share some crap stuff for a change...have a good old moan about all the things that irk me...

Nah, only joking! There's loads of folk already doing that, no need for me to join in...but there is the odd fly in the icing to coin a phrase.

I fell asleep on the sofa last night which was a bit annoying as there were things I still had planned for the evening, but not as annoying as early on on my cancer journey when losing consciousness even for a few minutes meant I'd wet myself and had to be pre-prepared for (public transport was very scary I can tell you!) so definitely a gratitude in there somewhere! Also my thumbs were super sore after using scissors and knitting needles so there many activities would have been painful anyway so probably all for the best I didn't attempt any and start to complain about that!

I stirred myself by reaching for my phone and looking at silly things on the damnyouautocorrect (laughter is a damn fine medicine for lethargy!) and went to bed thinking I'd probably wake up early having had a head start as it were, but every time I surfaced I'd just slip back down again, and when I was finally capable of performing the routines that start the day (you've had enough urinary information for one post already, I'm sure!) it was the lunchtime end of the morning. I'm not at all grateful that I get so exhausted doing so little but I give great thanks for my comfy pretty flat to flop about in and that so far Mr Cameron's friends haven't wrenched me from it yet, accusing me of scrounging and malingering. Malingering? Swype on my phone doesn't even know the word...I rest my case...

I'm not going to moan about the weather because it's ideal for a dozy cow like me. Crisp autumn days would do my head in feeling like this... I gave thanks for the sight of the long row of black bins slick with rain and one of them, just one, adorned with a single shapely oak leaf. For the large and inclusive salad I had for my supper last night (maybe all the munching wore me out, eh?) and for discovering the delicious combination that is cloudy apple juice mixed with cranberry. I'm grateful I've done the essential chores of the day so far, attended to post and phone calls, processed laundry, prepared and eaten food and done (most of) the washing up and can now autocorrect myself to the horizontal position again...

Oh, and I'm extremely grateful that Carol has left the hospice...in the 'right' direction. That IS the way to go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics