Tuesday 16 October 2012

Shot luck

There are places you can't get to without a car :-(  Some of the best ones are accessible with sturdy legs and footwear :-(   However, as long as you can still climb the stairs of a double decker bus there are some sights left just for you and yesterday I decided to try and capture a few of these :-)

Leaving aside the fact that I only have a cheapy automatic snap camera, no fancy editing software and the manual dexterity of someone wearing mittens*, the bouncing and swaying of a moving vehicle can potentially cause problems, as can dirty or scratched windows, reflections, and unforeseen roadside objects speeding into shot before the shutter falls...like the tree below when I was turning round to take this! (If you know where to look you can see the terrace where I live...)


On the other hand, there's another tree crept in at the edge of this one that seems to be meant to be there! 


I'm grateful I've made my home in such a beautiful place and for choosing to do so when still quite well, unaware how therapeutic it would be when less so.

I give thanks that Tesco delivers here, and that I looked at the clock in time to ensure the I wouldn't have to receive my groceries dressed only in a bathsheet, a stoma bag and a welcoming smile as I've been running a little behind even my relaxed schedule today. Having the big bulky basic stuff brought right upstairs is such a help and means I can concentrate on bringing home dainty delicacies like the coleslaw from the fishmonger Rachel recommended. It was exceedingly splendid I can confirm! I also noticed that the cafe where enjoyed the cauliflower cheese had fish finger sandwiches on the menu, There's a pub not far away that had an over priced poncey version on the menu but this was just the 'normal' sort...well, normal to some of us I guess! You could have them with brown sliced bread as well, my favourite...If you have missed out so far in life on this delight, give thanks that you've been informed of their existence and can rectify the situation forthwith!

*It has taken almost an hour to write (and rewrite) this post not including tea breaks and 'downtime'!

1 comment:

Web Statistics