Tuesday 23 October 2012

Making mincemeat

I see those meteorologists are now telling us there's some very strange weather coming up over the next few days. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20028490
Oh well, if the end of the world is nigh it seems only right and proper don't you think? At least I've got my hallway sorted! Very pleasing I find the new arrangement too...as long as the four horsemen can make it up the stairs I'll be ready to receive them in gracious space...

There's almost a Revelations feel about this too http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20026938. Clever, but be very careful where you do that please, white whale, some people want to harm what they don't understand...

Last night I gave thanks for seeing all four episodes of the marvellous Kathy Burke's comedy Walking and Talking. Target audience women who were schoolgirls in the '70s I think but some characters many would recognise with mingled horror and glee - Scot's drunks and toxic nuns, for instance. Someone I think very highly of and admire, Kathy Burke. I'm sure she'd be so pleased if she knew, ha ha!

I give thanks that the material I ordered over the internet is so perfect for purpose intended. 'Tis the kind of product internet shopping is not ideal for, and I'd been after a fabric just like something I used to use years ago and have not seen since so I'd not been over optimistic. However it's spot on! Lovely Jubbly!

Right, now I'd better go check the jars are OK in the oven and continue mixing fruits and nuts and spices and so on. It's called...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics