Tuesday 2 October 2012

Joined up reading


Late yesterday I began to realise that the people who read my blog were reading the Positive News article and people who read Positive News were reading my blog. Joined up reading...Yep, liked this a lot! It felt strange to know that people I didn't know at all were 'liking', 'tweeting' and 'sharing' with other people I didn't know all around the world, but also not unpleasant!  I give thanks for the opportunity to share the idea and that it has been received so well.

As I mentioned a few days ago, now that I've been doing it for a while it's a little hard to get my head round the fact that the practice of recording things for which you're grateful is anything unusual or noteworthy. In fact, it was only last week when Massimo described this as being as much a practice than a blog that it dawned on me that this too was true...I guess we take the good in ourselves for granted sometimes as much as what's beyond. Apart from marvel at the response, I did very little yesterday pm apart from enjoy an episode of QIXL. Thank goodness for catch up TV - I'm always way behind! 

Today I was grateful for grey and murky weather that was very conducive to staying late in bed with a book...the heroine liked to finish a book so it seemed an appropriate homage. Great thanks to Dan Rhodes for a piece of writing that combined a light and humorous touch with gentle profundity.

I give thanks that Jo has finally got some time off work...I think it's a record for her how long she's been without a holiday, ha ha! And that Dan's dog Ada survived an argument with a car. She is small enough for a run in with a wing mirror to cause some damage, but a whole car? It must've been on tip toe! I'm grateful for a cheery Tesco delivery driver and for attending to some of those little jobs that are never as arduous and time consuming as avoiding them can be. I'm sure you know the kind of thing.  In this case changing a fuse in a plug, giving the water filter jug a good scrub and turning up a pair of jeans...the rest of the day I've been resting. That is why it's called 'rest', right?

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, yes I've hopped over to your blog after reading positive news, and what can I say, so good of you to share your kind thoughts while you are suffering, all the best. ,,Joan

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics