Tuesday 30 October 2012

For Carol

First and foremost, I'm giving thanks for having known Carol Hubbard, even a little bit. I loved her humour and optimism in adversity, her ability to see the good in people and events. She will be so missed, even by those of us who were merely her virtual friends, and while I'm grateful her suffering is over I wish she hadn't had to leave us so soon...

Everything else pales into insignificance next to this today. I'm grateful for a taxi to take me to the library on a pleasant day weatherwise for the halftermers visiting the town and beach. Good to see out traders doing so much trade...and that there's even a new cafe opened, though I didn't feel in the mood to try it today. Instead I sat a while marvelling at how clean and neat and shiny the waves were today...hardly any froth or sparkle at all as they broke. I'm still feeling rather weak and unwell and so was especially grateful for my sofa and a fish finger sandwich welcoming me home...If I could just train the sofa to make the sandwich I'd be sorted, eh? I appreciate how fortunate I am for having so little that I absolutely have to do am greatly grateful to iplayer, my Skybox and for keeping me company and entertained with very little effort.

2 comments:

  1. Carol has been in and out of my thoughts all day today. It feels strange that I am going to miss someone so much that I never really knew!

    Hope your feeling better tomorrow, the fish finger sandwich must have done some good? :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i too had noticed your friend Carol,that is sad news xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics