Thursday 4 October 2012

Little bites

Yesterday I gave thanks for the beauty of the sea in the murky cloud and drizzly rain, the surface seeming almost oiled flat and solitary waves curling slowly onto the damp sand. For the surprising number of people walking on the beach and sea wall, and the kiosk cafes open to serve them. This is the time of year when locals are relieved to reclaim the coast...

The city I have to dredge into my goodwill to love sometimes but I was struck by the enduring architecture of the cathedral and green, the cobbles and carvings and leaded windows and the long cerise, turquoise and violet hair of a passer by. Shopping to me is a task like any other,  rather than a pleasurable pastime so I was grateful that I was able to acquire the things I'd gone for with minimal effort and expense. And I was very grateful for the pleasure of Jared's company, driving out onto the moor for real this time, talking at length of this and that and contentedly eating tapas. I am so happy he is so happy.

In a difficult night I gave thanks for the moonlit starry sky and a comfy bed... This morning for the bright sunshine and breezy freshness of the day, for having an acupuncture appointment so I'll have the opportunity to enjoy it on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics