Sunday 21 October 2012

Home is where the art is...

I'm giving thanks for finishing the second cuff of my new jumper, that it matches the first one and is a close approximation of what I originally dreamed up. You'll be wanting to see it, I'm thinking. No? Well, look away now! Otherwise you might think you're losing your eye sight when all it is is the picture out of focus, comme d'habitude!


The last of the post-acupuncture buzz and hum is wearing off now but it was an extra good one and much appreciated while it lasted, providing energy and motivation to enjoy some of those things that aren't actually necessary but that make you feel good to be doing...and delighted to have done. Like cleaning the silver heart shaped jewelry box that my grandmother passed on to me. I've been cleaning it for over half a century now so there's a comforting sense of continuity when I do...plus it looks nicer brighter. And like cutting up a card that I'd bought to fit in an old frame that I'd been given and devising a hanger for the frame with ribbon as there was no obvious way....and then moving other pictures around on walls, rearranging stuff. I may also have done something cunning with double sided tape...but we'd better wait and see! This afternoon I've almost ground to a halt and I think moving some food around in pans and arranging myself on the sofa will be the final piece of domestic artistry...

I'm grateful I decided to go to bed last night with some guided meditations instead of a book as, just as I picked up the headphones in my neighbour upstairs came home in a right strop and started stomping around and shouting at the cat! I'm glad to see the excellent Scenes of a Sexual Nature is on later. It doesn't do what it says on the tin, if you've not seen it, but is set on Hampstead Heath like the doggy thing, and is funny and moving I think. I've also been looking for some new drawer knobs for my much cherished merchant's chest...found on line shops called 'these please' and 'lovehandles'...these please me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics