Saturday 27 October 2012

Easy peasy

In 1977 my then boyfriend had a screw in lemon squeezer that I was somewhat taken with.  He left it behind when he left and it gave me years of sterling service instead. In 2010, a friend’s husband was enthusiastically squeezing lemons in my kitchen and it came apart in his hand. And no, none of these are euphemisms! The original had come from Lakeland Plastics but they had dropped the Plastics by then and this item from their stock. It took me a while to think of eBay, and when I did I found some. Yay! Sadly I didn’t buy them then and there because when I looked again they had gone. A fine selection of squeezers and reamers were on offer but none of the type that got my juices flowing (sorry, couldn’t resist!) However, at last I found something that looked similar and it has arrived and I have tried it and it is good! Incidentally, anyone who wonders how can I remember so many details? Well, if you don't have a boyfriend or husband you don't have to keep remembering where he has left his car keys and/or specs and can use the brain cells for something else!


Making some crochet flowers for my jumper was easy peasy too...eventually...as getting the pattern right took a while. I’d done a couple of prototypes in the initial design stages but after a bit of practice I tend to think it will be all right on the night as it were and it turned out there was rather a lot more practice required. It would be easier for sure if my hands weren't so stiff/numb/painful but I've not forgotten what it was like to have a hand that didn't work at all for a while and give thanks for what I've got...besides what I've lost in manual dexterity I've gained in patience - almost anyway!  I’m grateful I didn’t feel much like doing much yesterday as I was able to persevere and get to finished product stage. Product placement must ensue...

This morning I got up and washed up and got my spicy lentil stew ready to go in the slow cooker for my tea and will be grateful for that in due course I'm sure but, low in energy and still in pajamas have slunk back to bed. My head is telling my legs they ought to take me out on this crisp cold day and give my arms a rest, test out my new winter coat...and my legs are replying 'Are you having a laugh? You've done so much already. We'll take you to the sofa and that's it! Shut your eyes and stop this blue sky thinking, take it easy peasy again today...'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics