Saturday 25 June 2016

Dredging

Feeling most weary and world weary last night I give thanks I stirred myself to stir and bake some comforting chocolate and cherry pudding in lieu of the cuddling and coddling I felt I needed. I know I'm not supposed to eat chocolate, but I don't think I'm supposed to feel that sad either. I give thanks I didn't cry - not that I think there's anything wrong when things seem unbearably hurtful, hard and hopeless to express your sorrow (as long as it's quietly to yourself) but it uses up a lot of energy and I needed to save what little I had for other things requiring attention...like cooking proper supper!

Today I give thanks for dragging myself townwards one more time for the mail that still wasn't there, and for meaning to cheer myself up with a treat as I passed the Greek deli until I saw the sign on the door that due to unforeseen circumstances it's closed for the foreseeable future. Oh well, I give thanks for a cheap takeaway tea and a cheerful exchange at the sandwich shop, and a rest watching the rather steampunk dredger that's clearing the channels in hopes we can receive bigger shipping... 


I give thanks for finally making it home again finally too exhausted to do anything but weep and sleep...and then make my bed with clean linen and a late but tasty lunch with pasta and pesto...

I give thanks the drummer boy is home too and has been at the kit this afternoon. I think he went to uni, don't you? I should probably be calling him a drummer man now. I give thanks I enjoy listening him rediscover his skills with practice, and perversely even the newer neighbours, who make plenty of racket themselves but have little tolerance for others', shutting the windows grumpily as if he could hear them or would care...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics