Tuesday 21 June 2016

Natural talent

I give thanks for Rachel bringing me teabags...and fragrant rosewater too! I give thanks for slivers of magenta cloud in amongst the deep grey at sundown and for a little gap for the full buttery moon to poke through...

I give thanks for feeling more relaxed after my treatment and dropping off to sleep quickly when I went to bed. I give thanks though I woke up again soon after and stayed so for hours this doesn't happen often, and that awake time in the night time is good for processing the disappointments and dismays my life seems to always have a backlog of requiring mental attention.

I give thanks for a day including several situations giving me the opportunity to practise patience...and people to remind me to practise being kind... For knowing what my scan was for and how it should be taken, as this very relevant information seemed to have disappeared from the notes since it was requested several weeks ago. I give thanks the radiography staff accepted my authority...and my apology for being so bossy...and that I'm still quite supple from all those years of yoga and can get in and out of some awkward positions with relative dignity...

I give thanks after a long wait a man in a hi vis jacket with a pen knife and a spanner managed to sort of fix the bus doors enough for a very late but very welcome departure for home. There's not a lot about being at home that appeals to me right now but, thanks to the perversity of human nature, being unable to get there when I want to usually does the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics