Sunday 26 June 2016

Change rover

I'm posting early today as by normal blogging time I hope to be out of range...and much as I value internet access I'm always grateful for the privilege of wandering where it's less accessible.


I give thanks for deciding to cancel my Sky subscription, basically so I can see more sky...and associated priceless pleasures. A quality of life limiting illness can be a dark old thing (and don't even get me started on the valley of the shadow of dialysis machines) but the best treatment I know, without asking someone to give up their own delights to make mine easier, is to wake up my head and take up my bed and walk...even if the taking and the walking bits are largely metaphorical!

I give thanks for a small free overdraft facility, Though I'm grateful to live now I'm not so keen on paying later, so I'll turn out every crevice and cubbyhole for spare change before I use it but it's reassuring to know a little cushion is there. Meanwhile I give thanks for insisting I resist reviewing the state of my pension pot now recent events will probably have reduced it from a comfy chair to a floppy beanbag... I give thanks I'm a cheap date even when I'm on my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics