Friday 29 January 2016

Oh bother!

Hmmm...well I give thanks I wasn't in as much pain yesterday as today or yesterday wouldn't have happened, and it would have been a shame to waste that lovely weather and the treat of being taken out somewhere.

I give thanks for a murky grey day today and that though I had to go out again it was only for an appointment at the local hospital, and to pick up some veg at the supermarket nearby. I give thanks I could afford a cab, and was able to book one with a driver I know so I could have a few minutes conversation too before the long hush of the weekend.

I give thanks for much snoozing planned over the next couple of days which I hope will be beneficial to my health, and detrimental to the doldrums of being stuck indoors with few things to do that don't cause too much pain to bother unless I must. I give thanks for an expected visitor not coming again so my freezer's stocked full of food...

I give thanks for lots of recorded TV to watch and, as I was scraping the schedule barrel to find anything to record at all, that the selection should assist in the arrangement of naps! I give thanks that if I don't mind a grovel and a rummage behind the TV I have a new hdmi cable so I can reattach the DVD player and watch one of those instead.

I give thanks for books as yet unread, and a big Lush bath melt that will last for two or three fragrant wallows while I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics