Monday 15 July 2013

And the rest

After a couple of busy days I was ready for a rest today so I give thanks for finding a little more get up and go to get up and go on needs must journeys today. I'm always grateful when I can get to a hospital appointment without recourse to the dreaded volunteer transport but although it's often an effort I haven't actually travelled as far today as I have seemed to, passing a piper playing a medley of tunes from my infancy including the Skye Boat Song and Donald Where's Your Troosers and later emerging from a strange building onto an equally unknown almost new but deserted scrub lined road in blazing sunshine to a strong sense of being in Spain! I give thanks for the illusion that I've been far and wide...

Socially it's been an adventure too, twice finding myself in waiting areas where the seats were clearly designed for those with a serious obesity problem and realising the unusual ankle wear of a fellow traveller was an electronic tag. I give thanks for the educational opportunities in my day...

I'm grateful I managed to fit in a low key retail opportunity or two as well and particularly that I found a market stall selling delicacies such as spinach and feta pie and chocolate raspberry brownies so I've effectively had my tea already and can have a thoroughly horizontal evening. My new camera is having a recharging lie down too...while I summon the energy to cut open the package containing the disk. I'm grateful to have it but it'll be a while before I can try it out and find out exactly how much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics