Tuesday 16 July 2013

Purple patch

There was no point going to bed last night til the chattery neighbours in the gardens below and the shouty ones upstairs had quietened down, so I ran a bath to lounge in with my reassuringly thick Wallander novel...and as I stepped into the water I realised that at some point during the day the kidney pain that had been causing me so much grief first thing had stopped. I was grateful of course but I could have been so much earlier in the day! It made me smile though the way we focus so much on physical discomfort when it's there and then when it stops sometimes we're completely unaware and just get on with stuff without the moans and groans...unless we've found something else to grumble about in the meantime, of course!

I'm grateful for a play with my new phone, finding out what happens when various buttons are pressed. Not progressed to taking photos yet because the card Argos recommended you buy to go with it didn't fit! Of course I'm grateful this meant I didn't have to go out today to try it out as I was much too tired after yesterday. There's no other possible reaction to the situation, is there? It's a pretty colour anyway as you can see...

I give thanks for realising a little storage box I've had for years unopened and unused would be just right for keeping bobbins in. Mmm...tidy! I was very grateful that when looking for a bit of iron interfacing to help mend that torn new top I discovered a mislaid and much missed scrunchie that had slipped into the drawer when I wasn't looking. Mmm...not lost after all! I'm grateful I noticed how grubby the inside of my ear phones are, and that now they're not. Mmm...clean! I'm grateful I made potato salad and fruit salad this morning - my summer staples ready for my tea. Mmm...tasty and mmm...organised!

I give thanks that Steph seems to be enjoying my blog...


2 comments:

  1. ive got a Samsung smart camera but its outsmarting me?? : ( but I,m having fun pressing all the buttons etc !!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh! Finding things that were once lost is always fun! And I am indeed enjoying your blog! I have been popping in for a while, but am a terrible lurker and take a million years to pluck up the courage to comment on people's blogs! Tis my time for being brave and going for it! I like reading your counted blessings.
    hugs and smiles
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics