Sunday 7 July 2013

Well well well

I give thanks for a safe and astonishingly beautiful journey into the dawn, wreaths of mist in the valleys and around Stonehenge, bright poppy fields and rising sun, badger, fox and rabbit making it safely across the road.

For a glorious day, meeting the lovely Lynn (who really is lovely!) and helping Mr Murray to make some history by being two of the crowd, and for the amazing friendliness of the staff and fans and weather! I didn't think I minded too much who won until Andy began playing well and the incredible swell of well wishing from the spectators swept me up and along with them. There was a very tangible sense that that his success was what we were there for, not merely the hope of it! Being part of it was an incredible experience and I give great thanks for my good fortune (and a smidge of good planning too!) in being there. Oh and much gratitude to Clive for phoning me afterwards so I could gloat!

I'm grateful that eventually the coach took us on our way again, even eventually to the right hotel! For a bath to wallow in and that, despite my book having an unexpected wallow as well that it seems to have survived. For the forethought of bringing a lentil and couscous snack pot for my supper and that very soon I shall be in bed...

1 comment:

  1. How amazing!! You were actually at Wimbledon!!! Brilliant ^_^
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics