Sunday 21 July 2013

Shape shift

I'm grateful I remembered to use a tea towel as a bib while I ate my tea last night. I look quite young for my age sometimes - maybe two years old when I eat!

Kate Atkinson does make exceedingly good tales. I am grateful for that. And, contrary to the way these things often seem to be, the BBC do make exceedingly good adaptations of them with soundtracks to haunt your soul and excellent acting and Edinburgh being its stirringly beautiful self... So I was seriously grateful when a new series started recently, and supremely thankful that although I'd missed the first episode on TV I could download it on catch up on Sky. But an evening with Jackson Brodie is not a delight to be squandered so I saved it until just the right time...by which time either the BBC or Sky in their league of ungentlemenly behaviour had decided I'd had that first episode long enough and gobbled it up. And it was long disappeared from iplayer of course. So I give huge thanks for the wonder that is the internet and my own perseverance in tracking down this gem.

Remember I made a skirt from a dress not long ago? Well, I saw a long tiered skirt for £5 on a sale rail in a shop in town a couple of weeks back and decided to try making a dress out of it. The top tier became the bodice and the waistband the straps...and I lined the bodice with the lining from the dress that became a skirt. I am greatly grateful for both the idea and the end result... and once again that I live alone as I'm smug now to the point of being somewhat unbearable!


2 comments:

  1. I love the dress especially the pattern, one of my favourite colours sort of indigo I think??sooo glad you mentioned the ttowel,good idea as I,m rather prone to spillages myself,years ago we went to a posh indian restaurant ,I wore a cream silk shirt,people(knowing me?)asked if I thought that was wise?????WHAT ? I SAID DO U MEAN???umm well as we walked out of said place, my shirt looked like someone had thrown a plate of curry at me, as you know a stain on silk sort of spreads...........?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deservedly smug I think! that dress is amazing!! Love it ^_^
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics