Wednesday 10 July 2013

Just for laughs

​Last night I was laughing aloud overhearing (literally!) some neighbours in the garden trying to do a crossword after a drink or two. I gave thanks for the entertainment - some of the answers they came up with for the clues were so funny!

This evening it's been clouding over and very grateful I am too as it means it's cool enough to have the windows open less wide and reduce the risk of asphyxiation from barbeque fumes! I always give thanks for the endless salads and fruits of hot summer days but others seem to live on beer and burnt animals... Me? I see carrots when they aren't even there as this picture shows! I'm grateful Lynn was there to share the chuckle...

Particular vegetable related gratitude for making a big bowl of potato salad this afternoon and actually managing to save some for tomorrow...and having my own home grown parsley among the greenery on the plate beside it. My garden is three yoghurt pots on the windowsill but it just goes to show it can be done even on this small scale.

I gave thanks for finding a couple of Madras cotton tops in a nearby shop that needed no alteration - no taking up or taking in, no naff buttons needing changing, at prices I could afford and in colours I liked...a rare and special treat!

I wrote the above, had a long struggle to upload the photo and in the end gave up and went to put the kettle on, catching the pocket of one of the aforementioned tops on a door handle on the way and ripping it so now sewing will be involved after all. You have to laugh, don't you? No? Well, I do!


1 comment:

  1. Well they look like a couple of carrots to me Gabi!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics