Tuesday 9 July 2013

Staggering

​Often I reach a state of exhaustion when I actually feel unwell, so I'm grateful I'm quite sure that I am merely totally wiped out by tiredness today. I'm grateful for the slightly restorative powers (and relative ease of production!) of scrambled eggs on toast for a late brunch...and at the time of writing this sentence (2pm) I'm still optimistic that the application of clothing to languid limbs may ensue before nightfall...maybe even movement down the stairs after ingestion of analgesics, although the effort of coming back up has to be considered. I'm certainly very thankful we're in midst of a heatwave so that usual British sun worshipper's panic about 'missing it' can be subdued...

Between grumbling and groaning and nodding and dozing happy memories and images from the last few days are still playing in my head. Seeing all the news coverage I'm still in a state of shock that we were in the front few rows of that massive crowd in front of the balcony and could actually see what was going on as well feel the wonderful atmosphere, and much gratitude for that. On a less ecstatic note, some of the mishaps and muddles from the tour company were trying so I'm grateful we all mostly kept our cool and equilibrium - assisted in my case by yummy Yeo Valley yoghurt included on the hotel breakfast buffet and a dish of lush rhubarb Eton mess during the long lunch stop in Windsor!

Apologies to those who've seen this photo (or one rather like it) before but those who haven't may be grateful for the opportunity to feel envy...I'm rarely in any position anyone else envies so give thanks I have no shame in flaunting it one more time! My camera still refuses to upload any pics after trying all the straightforward fixes like changing the batteries, the usb port and even the laptop so I'm very grateful I had my phone with me and could capture anything at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics