Wednesday 31 July 2013

Before the lines




I'm grateful I was early(ish) to bed last night and up before the crowds today so I could take a cuppa and pan au chocolate back to bed with my book and write the start of this post. It's hard to find time to write anything at all with so much going on and to do, but I give great thanks for the opportunity to spend days very differently from usual... 

Today we planned to visit Carnac but in the end only saw one impressive alignment and a bit there because in the beginning we went to a beautiful ria beach for a picnic lunch and in the middle we spent some hours at some wonderful stones not fenced off or only visitable via guided tours. Great thanks to David for showing us them in his guidebook as they were the best stones I've ever seen and touched and walked around. I gave thanks for the sunny day with light dappling through the trees onto their surfaces, and for my camera to take lots of photos of the strange shapes they made and markings on them...this giant was one of my favourites, towering above me but looking quite benign...and the bright butterflies and dragonflies in the woods between the groups, one of them a glorious electric blue.

I've tried to post this over and over again tonight and am too tired to see straight now so I'm grateful for your patience too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics