Thursday 11 July 2013

Sticking with it

I'm grateful it's been cooler today so I could wear a pair of my lovely linen trousers again. After all the effort I made to source the fabric, create the style and sew them it's a shame if they languish in the wardrobe! I'm grateful that I had acupuncture this morning as Rachel was booked up this afternoon. I think it's good for you to not to be stuck in a rut of routine and habit. I'm grateful for a fruitful (well, broccoli and stilton pasty full to be accurate) amble around the charity shops afterwards before meeting Jenny...finding a Henning Mankell story of Swedish people killing each other and a book by the Dalai Lama about how to avoid wanting to join in.

I'm grateful I managed to stay awake and purposeful for her visit, and even a short time afterwards making some food and progress on a sewing project...before sleeping with Columbo. It's such a warm safe feeling when Columbo's around isn't it? Well, unless you're the villain I guess...

Oh yes, and I give thanks for catching up with last week's episode of Family Fortunes where eight out of the hundred people asked to name something sticky said 'a stick'. My faith that the universe unfolding as it should is somewhat restored!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics