Monday 22 July 2013

That's lucky!

Gee, I'm grateful I know it's a full moon today as there's definitely been a touch of the lunatic about it! As I write this I've half an eye on a Come Dine with Me best bits compilation (meaning a lot of pretty bad bits of course!) and the chaos depicted seems to fit in quite well. Over three thousand people have taken part they said at the beginning and I give thanks for the hours of pleasure they've given me.

I'm grateful for a rather droll but efficient locum doctor who investigated and agreed my own diagnosis regarding a minor health condition was correct (that's how I know he was efficient, right?)... and for using the unscheduled trip to town to get a few other tasks done that I'd originally planned for tomorrow. I give thanks for finding a pretty dress full of holes in a charity shop and that when the holes were pointed out getting it for a pound! As it's too big I'm hoping I can make something from the fabric avoiding the holes. They're mostly around the button area as if it were taken off at high speed. A 'lucky' dress then maybe?

I give thanks the thing I was hurrying for this evening isn't happening now as hurrying has been particularly hard work today...but also for what I achieved in the bit when I still thought I had to! For a yummy piece of carrot cake and a mug of tea in the sunshine earlier on when I had to slow down when I was out. For a single clap of thunder and flash of lightening last night followed by a brief and delicate shower of rain. I enjoyed the reminder that there is other weather I enjoy apart from hot and sunny. Most of all though, right now, I'm grateful that when I've posted this there's nothing else I must do...as far as I know!

1 comment:

Web Statistics