Wednesday 24 July 2013

Getting closer

I give thanks to 'Aunty Fay' at the children's home who initiated me into the delights of Columbo. She'd often do night duty and would sit with me in the evening watching TV if she hadn't anything more urgent to do and though she chose a variety of things that's the one that stands the test of time for me. Last night I got to watch one I hadn't seen before with all the classic features I love so much, lovely jubbly!

I also enjoyed watching the loomy moon, and zooming at it with my new camera...


I've been half asleep for much of the day and totally asleep for some so I give thanks that I'd mostly done the things I urgently needed to do myself, no doubt contributing to tiring myself in the process...but all the more appreciating the stillness and slowness that followed.

I've been grateful for another excellent Anita Shreve to finish and a backlog of catch up TV to catch up with, including a programme on Uri Geller, which after watching Columbo last night made me feel as if I'd slipped back into the seventies!

I'm grateful I decided to send a card to someone I hadn't heard from for a while and chose one I thought was blank inside until I opened it and realised it was a birthday card...and then remembered that I'd forgotten to send them one for their birthday last week!

There may be some interruptions to service over the next few days. I'd be grateful if readers who know me personally could resist the urge to text/phone/email or send messages on Facebook asking if I'm OK, as if it's awkward to update my blog other means of communication will probably be affected too...and fretting is bad for your health! In fact if you could try to imagine I'm having a wonderful time rather than there's something wrong I'd be extremely grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics