Wednesday 3 July 2013

Simply topping

​There's a few things I've always hoped to do on a summer's afternoon that (as yet?) have not been my fate...but there's something I do absolutely love to do that I'm very grateful to say I've achieved a few times and today was yet another. And that is? To spend a few hours watching excellent tennis with knitting and sewing on the side, reliable weather on the courts and pleasant enough where I am sitting to have the windows open wide...but not so sunny I yearn to be outside... Multiple gratitudes in one!

I give thanks for finishing off another little top in between watching the shots, while out of shot the local drummer's been doing his stuff, and the acoustic guitarist next door too. Both are very talented, and it's no hardship to hear them at all even when they're playing different things simultaneously! I've also learnt a new knitting technique - going straight on a circular needle. This is because I want a very wide piece of knitting, but I'd also heard (and can now confirm!) it's gentler on sore or stiff joints.


1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful!! And it sounds like a very blissful make! Sun and tennis, can't not be happy about that ^_^
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics