Sunday 14 February 2021

Birthday

I give thanks for rain washing the windows clean of sea spray again and, as it stopped for a while and the sea had retreated from the park and pavements, for taking a little stroll. Didn't take my camera or even my phone as you always see the best stuff when you don't - and I came across the most exotically patterned pigeon I've ever encountered and long diagonal rows of seagulls on the striations of the rocks exposed at low tide, hoping for a mollusc lunch. I was almost tempted to go home and get my camera but with the subjects being birds who knows where they'd be after I trudged back! 

I give thanks for ensuring I had ingredients to make myself good things to eat today... And even more grateful for deciding I'm always creating culinary delights and actually it would be more of a treat to have time off kitchen duties. For there still being plenty of curry for lunch, and a selection of very fancy Turkish delight from some exotic Sheffield emporium for dessert! 

For it being a rather floral themed birthday with two more bouquets arriving today, pretty mugs from Mima and a handmade machine embroidered book mark from Laura, who also phoned for a chat. I give thanks I have a fascinating looking new book from Rachel to read too!

I give thanks it's been pretty good weather for a solitary lockdown birthday as curled up on the sofa has been ideal. Although it was a shame my weekend away was cancelled it wouldn't have been a bundle of fun in the wind and rain. For digging The Dig last night. What a lovely film! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics