Tuesday 2 February 2021

Unclear

When I woke up still feeling gloomy and glum, I gave thanks for remembering the Buddhist view that suffering is caused by wishing things were other than they are - including wishing you weren't depressed of course! I find this much more helpful than the contemporary Western notion (with or without organised religion!) that whatever ails you it's probably someone else's fault...

I give thanks for my excursion to collect my new specs and for seeing much more clearly now...well apart from the general poor visibility that is. The crowd of cruise ships was barely visible, the moor not at all, and the allegedly resident seal out for lunch...but the singing bridge was very shrill, white horses were jousting on the cross currents and a hazy rainbow appeared now and then in the clouds, all of which I was grateful I got to observe.

I give thanks I failed again to find the Prime free exit route when purchasing from Amazon. I've already had my month's free trial so I thought it would let me off taking another but I seem to be signed up again. For enjoying a Catfish binge on a wet and windy late afternoon as there's been a few more seasons since I left Sky and Nev and Max's good looks, good humour and impeccably non- judgmental good manners always raise a smile. 

I give thanks, though still no word of my vaccination, I've had the results of my last scan and they are 'no change' which is better than expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics