Sunday 7 August 2011

In my view...

Well Pat, I don't know if the mods will be marching on me but I fear a savaging from a sock puppet now...am almost scared to look! The last sentence will make little sense to many but a lot to a few!!!

I've been very achey today and it seems to be taking me forever to do anything...
Might have something to do with having a little dance last night you never know! But that's my first recorded gratitude for today although well over twenty four hours ago now...

And then there was the torrential storm just before sundown yesterday when the heavy grey clouds either dumped their rain or blew away and left a sort of angel wing effect around the last sliver of sun...I'm not sure how well this will show as per usual!
Meanwhile at the other side of my flat...compass opposite from the setting sun we had the best example of 'reflected sunset' I've ever seen (my term - I don't know what the correct one is for the pink clouds you get in the east when the sun goes down!) Check out the pink sea!

My third gratitude is for the delicious fruit salad I made from a handful of blackberries from Laura's garden, a ripe peach and some organic strawberries. Still from yesterday...good job there was so much to please after my last post as today's not been bursting at the seams with moments of joy.

This morning I was glad to read The Princess and the Spaceman again...one of my favourite stories ever...and this afternoon for getting to a shop and getting things that I had kidded myself I needed to just so as not to be splodged on the sofa for another day. And I was grateful not to get soaking wet as well! And passing a van with a house on top...a black and white mansion actually but model village size. Not something you see every day...unless you visit a model village every day...or live in one!!?? No, no, that last bit doesn't make sense - if you lived in a model village you'd not be big enougb to see the top of a van! Duh!

And lastly I'm extremely grateful that by the time I've logged out and packed up this and that it will be time to take my final antibiotic of the day and hopefully get a bit of kip before the first one in the morning!

4 comments:

  1. Angel, the view from your flat is wonderful, but a little surreptitious tree pruning/thinning could improve your view of the coastline tremendously! Know any friendly arboriculturist handy with a saw?
    The picture with the angel wings is even better full screen, but it's amazing how in different parts of the country, we all see the same setting sun, I look northwest and see it dropping into the sea at Porthtowan, and you see it dropping into the sea from the southwest, and there is definitly an isthmus of land between the two! Absolutely amazing.
    Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just let sockpuppet try, and i'll knock his block off!!! haha, I say 'his' don't know if it's man or woman??
    Lynn x
    P.S. Loving your views by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your statement about a model village and living in one Angel, was not a 'Duh' statement at all. In my memory there was a 'model village' labelled as such by the planning department of the local council, but cannot remember in which county it was; it will come to me in time. There is a 'model village' in Wimborne, Dorset I think maybe the first in this country post war, which has been superceded many times over in different parts of the country as tourist traps. Never been my need to see! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have had a good day even with the rain..... and sockpuppet .
    I am so angry at that person.... i cannot write the words your wife is terminal anything you do will not make her live.... do any alternative/ complimentary things that will make you and her feel better.
    He doesn't know she is terminal she wont let him ask only that she is stage 4.... sorry. You are in the right the moderators should sort sockpuppet out, i bet sockpuppet is not even ill.
    Love aa always, Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics