Saturday 27 August 2011

Squared up

Yay! I've finished knitting all the squares and stripey strips of the Oxfam blanket! Just got to finish the edging and the sewing up now...well not now exactly, now I've got to chill for a bit. I've a horrid earache which makes lying down less pleasant than it ought to be so in its own way that's helped. Am grateful for getting so far with the project but not really for the earache to be honest! It provides a bit of variety from my other aches and pains and infirmities I guess...

Am also grateful to my neighbour upstairs for coming back from an all nighter and not crashing and banging and shouting...not so far anyway!

Forgot to mention earlier that I'm also grateful that 'Red Dog' has been made into a movie. I don't know if the movie's any good but the book is brilliant so even if not perhaps more people will read it as a result of the name being more well known. Kind of like Memoirs of a Geisha... Red Dog is about a dog funnily enough (the kind of dog that maybe some of us would like to be), and about the people it meets and how they are affected. I like the book so much that I've bought it twice as gifts for other people though somehow I've omitted to buy it for myself!

Well now I'm going to see if I can face some food. I finished that lovely stew earlier so will have to have another idea...I'm guessing fish fingers will be involved! Definitely give thanks for fish fingers...fifty years of comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics