Saturday 6 August 2011

Revisited

Here's a little test for you...do you remember me telling you about these things in previous posts? Well, whether you do or not here are the pictures that should have gone with the words if they'd been available at the time...



Left is the ship I found a few weeks back when I went looking for the one I could see peeping over the headland...And below is the one I meant to find further out in the bay.


The pictures are zoomed in as far as I can go so the ships are bigger than specks. The specks on the horizon are normal size yachts. That was one big ship I could see...well it was poking up over a headland!



And here is the view from where I walked to the end of the sea wall a couple of days later...a local landmark rock that's been known to raise a smile!

And the sunset I wrote about a few days ago. I tried a few settings but difficult to reproduce what I could see with my eyes through my kitchen window. If you're viewing on a laptop or phone try tipping the screen so the trees and hills are almost in silhouette then you'll get the intensity.

I'm grateful for revisiting these memories on a day when I feel less mindful of the here and now than usual...not fully engaged, or firing on all cylinders or whatever you'd like to call it. Not in a bad way...

I'm grateful for an email from my son Bob who seems to mixing in some upbeat circles these days (that's kind of a pun but don't worry if you don't get it...)

And I also give thanks for Mr and Mrs Cook for producing their son Quentin, also known as Norman amongst other things. Thank you for some tunes that always make me smile... And thank you too to my memory for reminding me of some friends a couple of years younger than me taking his Fatboy Slim incarnation name in vain (and my preference to some of his music over their favoured 'classic' rock) in a remark of the 'young whipper snapper' variety...and my response pointing out we were all pretty much peers.

2 comments:

  1. Hope that you are having a good night, love Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel the photographs are good especially when blown to full screen. If I am not mistaken there is someone swimming to the left of the rock in the 2nd pic. I can see why the rock brings a smile to the faces of some, and that is some plucky little fir tree near the base of the headland in the same shot, and the sunset is very rich in detail when full screen.
    Sorry your not feeling so chipper today, hope you have a good sleep tonight and the morning finds you feeling rested.
    I woke this morning with five cats curled up on my bed, not easy to extricate oneself in a hurry. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics