Monday 29 August 2011

Top down


Well I achieved my goals...made and ate some cauli cheese and finished knitting and attached the piece of blanket edge I was working on. As you can see I'm getting there, just the rest of the bottom half to sort out.

I'm grateful that I finally managed to get showered and dressed as even though you might not feel physically better if you put proper clothes on, you do feel less of an incompetent invalid.

I'm grateful I managed to complete the tasks I'd set myself and some of the chores that needed doing. Sometimes when I'm doing them I don't express thanks. Sometimes when I'm tired and in pain I moan and groan and wish that there was someone here to help me. Someone to say: you go and rest...I'll take care of this. Or just to make me a cup of tea when I've finished... but I know I'm lucky really that I can still do things...that I still have things to do...that I still think they matter.

I'm grateful I felt the sunshine on my skin when I took some stuff down to the bins.

And I'm grateful for Jerry Bruckheimer's Chase. I'm not sure of it's any good as I haven't watched it yet but I recorded the pilot and I'm going to watch it in a min. If it's anything like Without a Trace, Cold Case and CSI I'll be even more grateful but for now I'm just glad I've something to watch I'm in the mood for...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Angel, the blanket looks painstakingly delightfull, but no doubt getting heavy to work on. Being a naughty cheeky person, going to say that it reminds me of the old tv testcard when the tv just stopped transmitting and started to whine loudly. Hope all your Tv programmes come up to expectation, and the ear thats giving you trouble hitherto, stays quiescent and lets you sleep tonight. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love your blanket, especialy cos it's got lots of green in ( my favorate colour ) only problem i'd have would be parting with it, would want to keep it for myself, but thats just my selfish side coming out lol,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics