Thursday 25 August 2011

Chop and change

First of all today I give thanks to Mrs Tesco for bringing everything I ordered. Of course she might be Miss Tesco, or Ms, our perhaps a very convincing pre-change Mr, but it's always nice when you get all the things you thought you'd bought and brought right upstairs and into your home with a bit of cheery chatter and all for a modest fee.

I've not got much of an appetite at the moment so have mostly stocked up things that will keep...or which will hopefully prove irresistible...and I've chopped the tired looking vegetables already in the fridge and made a stew for the slow cooker. I give thanks for persuading myself to do this as I LOVE vegetable stew and am bound to fancy a little bowl or two later with a chunk of fresh crusty rye mix bread and a little sweet organic butter! I'd also like to express thanks for my slow cooker which was a free promotional offer with some mail order catalogue I dealt with. It's not perhaps the most stylish, neither is it particularly big. But you know I keep it in a cupboard so I don't care what it looks like and it holds two good size portions of whatever and I rarely need more than that.

NB. For non-UK readers - Yes hot stew is suitable food for late August on the English Riviera!
NB. For UK readers - yes, I do have some who aren't!

I've set myself the task of lightly sanding the area of wall Laura and I reckon we've finished filling in the kitchen and sealing it with a bit of old paint so the wallpaper sticks. I must off and do the sanding soon so that I can run the vaccuum after and remind my upstairs neighbour that SOUND CARRIES!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,well it is almost light sweater weather, and I made what was called a summer chicken stew, must be two months ago or more. And I can eat curry any time,it's the palate denotes what one feels like eating, not the time of year.
    The noisy neighbour upstairs, is this the post interfering with personage, 'yes' then leave the vaccuming until she's watching coronation street or something just as hideous. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angel, lots & lots of treats for you, thats what I like to hear, pleased Tescos provides the things you like, Tescos is my favorate shop, but i've never been back since I crashed my car in their car park a few weeks ago...ooops! And I've also been promising to buy myself a slow cooker for yonks now, put it all in before I go to work, and then come home and teas ready-hey presto!!, hope your feeling ok, thinking of you,
    Lynn :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, that stew sounds lovely, i have never made just vegtable stew in my slow cooker as i am the only vegitarian in the house so i make the family mainly beef ones.... they really love them.
    Love Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics